The number of bakehouses on the Register at the end
of the year was 85, and 198 inspections were made in the
period under review. Twenty-one nuisances were found, chiefly
due to dirty ceilings or sanitary conveniences, and it was
necessary to serve 21 intimation notices, all of which were
complied with without the necessity of further action.
DAIRIES, MILK SHOPS AND PURVEYORS OF MILK.
The number of these premises on the Register at the
end of the year was 10(5. During the year 13 were added, and
10 removed. The inspections numbered 274, and in 7
instances a nuisance was discovered, necessitating the service of
three intimation notices, which were complied with.
There were within the Borough at the end of 1912
13 cowhouses, and at the annual Licensing Meeting of the
London County Council, held in October, 1913, the licenses for
the same were renewed.
The following is a list of the cowhouses:—
|Situation.||Number of( Cows for which licensed.||Occupier.|
|Beckenham Park Farm||63||Perkins & Richmond|
|Burnt Ash Farm, Lee||56||Edwards & Sons, Ltd.|
|Butterfield Dairy, Lee||28||Thomas Clark|
|College Farm,Burnt Ash Hill||36||Edwards & Sons, Ltd.|
|Durham Farm, Grove Park||50||Ernest Adams|
|110, High Street, Sydenham||19||George Stimpson|
|Holloway Farm, Southend, Catford||49||Daniel H.Dutton|!()
match: ALTO ComposedBlock
..\26 February 2013\Folder 2\b18244610\Tables\b18244610_0085_083_060.xml