The following Table gives particulars of the Burial Grounds in use in this District:—
|The Cemetery.||St. John's.|
|1.—The Situation of the Ground||Havelock Road, Southall Green||The Green, Southall.|
|2.—Total Area||About 1¾ Acres*||About ½ Acre.|
|3.—Dates of first use on first entry in register||April 2nd, 1883||March 3rd, 1860. (Consecrated Jan. 23, 1860).|
|4.—Total No. of Burials to date||1027||1570.|
|5.—No. of Vaults||None||None.|
|6.— „ Brick Graves||Four||13.|
|7.— „ Earth „||455||577.|
|8.—Length and Width of Grave Spaces||8-ft. x 4-ft. Brick Grave||Brick Grave, 8-ft. x 4-ft.|
|7-ft. x 3-ft. Earth „||Earth „ 6-ft. 6-in. x 2-ft. 6-in.|
|9.—Depth of uppermost coffin below level of ground||Four feet||Four feet.|
|10.—Area of unused Ground||Not quite 2/3 rds. *||About 1-fifth. (See below).|
|11.—Distance of nearest dwelling and whether partially or wholly surrounded by houses||20-ft. (partially)||Adjoining on North side.|
|North and West sides.|!()
match: ALTO ComposedBlock
..\13 May 2013\Batch-9\b19970389\Tables\b19970389_0029_027_011.xml
* Another 31/3 Acres just added, making now about 5 Acres in all.
Memo.—The Ground unused is the front portion of Churchyard and are principally brick grave spaces.
Mortuary.—This Building is situated at the Cemetery, Havelock Road. The accommodation is ample. Provision is
made for the performance of post mortem examination.