If you are new to the Library, this page offers suggestions for the best search options and catalogues to use, based on what you're looking for.
What are you looking for?
Everything in our collections/I’m not sure
We recommend Search all catalogues
- A great default option with keyword searching across all Library catalogues
- limit your search to items available online
- refine results by format, language and more.
Search all catalogues
Unpublished documents, personal and institutional records, archives and manuscripts from antiquity to the 20th century
We recommend the Archives and Manuscripts catalogue
- detailed searching of all archives and their contents
- search by keyword, reference number, subject and date range.
Search archives and manuscripts
Journals I can access online
We recommend the E-journal title search
- search for specific e-journals by title
- browse an A-Z list of all e-journals available.
E-journal title search
Books, journals, databases, art, Asian manuscripts and more, and with expert search filters
We recommend Library catalogue search
- powerful search filters
- search by genre, classmark, brand name and subject
- see detailed information about e-journals and databases.
Search the Library catalogue
Everything categorised under a specific subject in the Library
We recommend Search by subject
- Not sure what keyword to use? Type in a word to get a list of terms.
- Choose from the list of suggested terms to search.
- Get search results across the historical collections.
Search by subject
Something on the website (e.g. how to join the Library, subject guides or blog posts)
We recommend the site search
- find information about Library events, services and facilities
- find blog posts related to your search.