Report, 1890-91. 63
"for footway paving repairs, be included in
"the Approximate Estimate of April, 1890,
"and in each subsequent Approximate
"Estimate until the whole of the footways
"in the Parish are in a thorough state of
"repair; further, that the Works Committee
"do report to the Vestry as to the work
"proposed to be done in each half-year, with
"estimates, before the work is put in hand."
Since the passing of this order, the undermentioned
footways have been relaid and repaired, new Yorkshire
stone being used where necessary, and every endeavour
will be exercised to push forward this work as rapidly
as possible:—Carlton Terrace, between Carlton Bridge
and Fermoy Road; Carlton Bridge; Great Western
Road, by Kensal Road; Harrow Road, on South side,
from North Wharf Road to Hermitage Street; Queen's
Road; Carlton Road; Edgware Road, from Praed
Street to the "Red Lion" P.H.; Clifton Place, North
side; Harrow Road, on North side, from Chichester
Place to Westbourne Terrace North; Leinster Gardens;
Cleveland Square, South and West sides; Cleveland
Gardens, North side; and Connaught Place.
The Victoria stone paving laid down in May, 1889,
seems to answer most admirably, and as regards its
durability it is quite equal to York stone, and more
uniform in wear.
Reinstating Roads and Footpaths after Companies, &c.
Trenches opened by Gas, Water, Electric Lighting
and Postal Authorities and others, have been reinstated