Hints from the Health Department. Leaflet from the archive of the Society of Medical Officers of Health. Credit: Wellcome Collection, London
[Report of the Medical Officer of Health for Shoreditch, Parish of St. Leonard]
SITUATION OF THE SEVERAL PUMPS IN THE PARISH.
1. Brunswick Street, Hackney Road.
2. Queen's Road
3. Holt Place.
4. Murray Street
5. Shaftesbury Street
6. Plumber Street, City Road.
7. High Street, Shoreditch. (Opposite 221, Shoreditch).
8. Ditto ditto ( „ 172, „ ).
9. Opposite Shoreditch Church.
10. Curtain Road. (Opposite Chapel Street).
11. Worship Square.
12. Hoxton Market Place. (New)
13. Weymouth Terrace, New North Road. (New)
14. Great James Street, Hoxton. (New).
15. Margaret Street. (East end).
16. Brownlow Road. (East end).
17. Great Chart Street. (North end).
The following are the places where Urinals are now in use:
|Will Accommodate persons.|
|Tabernacle Square (stone)||6|
|Swan Yard (slate & iron)||10|
|Hoxton Town (brick & slate)||4|
|Kingsland Road Bridge (slate)||3|
|Great Chart Street (iron)||2|
|Church Street, Hoxton (iron)||2|
|Hoxton Old Town, back of Workhouse (iron)||2|
|Cavendish Street, New North Road (iron)||2|
|Baring Street, New North Road (slate)||3|
|North-end of Curtain Road (brick & slate)||4|