Hints from the Health Department. Leaflet from the archive of the Society of Medical Officers of Health. Credit: Wellcome Collection, London
[Report of the Medical Officer of Health for Southall-Norwood]
Canal Boats Act.
The following is an abstract from the Report of the Inspector
under this Act (Mr. C. Tidy).
Number of visits to Canal 90
Number of boats inspected 132
Number of boats contravening Acts and Regulations 16
Total number of contraventions dealt with 16
Infant Life Protection Act.
There are no licensed premises under this Act in the District.
Contagious Diseases Animals Act.
No particulars to hand. An outbreak at Hayes Bridge
necessitated the slaughter of some infected animals.
One License granted (renewal).
Adoptive Acts in Force.
(1) Infectious Disease (Notification) Act, 1889.
(2) Infectious Disease Prevention Act, 1890.
(3) Public Health Amendment Act, 1890.
The Bye-Laws of this Authority are based on the Model ByeLaws
of the Local Government Board, and relate to—
(1) Cleansing of earth privies, ashpits, and cesspools.
(2) For the prevention of Nuisances arising from snow, filth, dust,
ashes and rubbish, and for the prevention of the keeping of animals on
any premises, so as to be injurious to health.
(3) Relating to common lodging houses.
(4) New Streets and buildings.
(5) Slaughter houses.
(6) With respect to houses let in lodgings, or occupied by
members of more than one family, a register of which is now kept.
|Total number of houses, premises, &c., inspected||530|
|Number of re-inspections||300|
|Total number of inspections||850|
|Cautionary Notices given||76|
|Statutory Orders issued||29|