Most of the online content in the Wellcome Library can be seen without restriction.
Some types of content, such as clinical images, require online registration. Online registration also allows you to use personalised features such as saved searches and bookmarks.
By registering online, you agree to be bound by these general Terms and Conditions.
- I will comply with current UK copyright law. If I want to publish material from this site, I will abide by the conditions of use for that item and seek any permissions that are necessary.
- I will acknowledge the source of the content in any published work, using the information in the conditions of use for that item. Where there are no specific conditions of use material should be credited to ‘Wellcome Library, London’.
- I will use personal data on living persons for research purposes only. I will not use personal data to support decisions about the person who is the subject of the data, or in way that causes substantial damage or distress to them.
- I will not distribute content to third parties if doing so contravenes any of the above terms.
Conditions of use for specific items can vary. Every digitised item has a 'Conditions of Use' statement, which you are required to abide by.
How your personal information will be used:
- The Library will keep the information you have provided to enable us to contact you in connection with it, and as a record that you have accepted our Terms and Conditions.
- We will not share your personal information with any third parties.
- Your account will be deleted after five years of inactivity on this site.
See our privacy statement.